Good oral hygiene should start at an earlier age than is commonly thought. And it is that children's oral cleaning, together with the acquisition of the habit of its maintenance, will mean that the adult can keep their teeth for life. For this reason, it is important that this practice begins in the newborn, without waiting for the first teeth to appear, using an oral hygiene cotton gauze moistened with drinking water.
Best oral hygiene
This is done for several reasons; one of them, obviously, is to keep the baby's mouth clean of debris, and another is to get used to this habit. In this sense, generally due to ignorance, many parents do not start the oral hygiene of their children until around two years of age (age at which they can already start using toothbrushes). And many times the first cavities may have appeared at that age.
We would like to know about other services of Dental - Here in Temecula Dental from which we can gain knowledge.
Essential and daily life
For this routine to become essential in the daily life of any baby or child, it should be done in the most enjoyable way possible:
- - Carry out hygiene at a time when the child is relaxed and in a good mood, and do not wait until the time before going to bed, which is when he is most tired or asleep.
- - Negotiate and give options. You can preselect the brushes are oral hygiene that you consider appropriate for the child and let her choose which one or which she wants to use. If the brush is in your favorite color or character, you will be more excited to brush your teeth.
- - Propose a pleasant activity for the child, not as blackmail or reward, but as an incentive to do after brushing.
- - Avoid threats, punishments, and negative arguments. It is always more advisable to show the positive side of brushing: We brush to take care of ourselves, just as we do with hair ...
- Reserve an oral hygiene toy for brushing time. You can use a puppet, a doll, or some interesting object that the child can only play with while brushing their teeth.